synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject having F2Fs in the US and visas .. enough of this nonsense
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:54:13 GMT
One of the two WSO2 folks who was going to come with me to the F2F just
had his visa rejected by the #$!%^&*%$@ at the US embassy here. Reason:
"Oh you've been working in the company for one month? How could they
possibly want to send u to the US for a meeting after one month of
working?? No, you can't go."

This is the last time I will agree to having a F2F in the US. This is
absolutely crazy.

The second person is going tomorrow .. if he gets rejected he won't be
able to go to ApacheCon (where he's scheduled to give 2 talks) either
because when the visa is rejected the ever reasonable folks in the
embassy stamp your passport and say "don't bother applying again for 6
months."

There's no need to accept this visa madness; the world is a big place.

Sanjiva.