synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newco...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Proposed Agenda for Synapse F2F
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:23:04 GMT

From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:pzfreo@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:15 AM
To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Proposed Agenda for Synapse F2F

Location

     Infravio, Inc.
     1601 South De Anza Blvd.
     Suite 165
     Cupertino, CA 95014
     Tel: 1.408.861.3000

Outline schedule

Thurs 13:00-17:00
Background session:  Celtix, Axis2, AXIOM, JBI, etc
(Apologies for Paul Fremantle, won't be able to attend the Thurs
session)

Fri 23rd September - Main session
0900 - 10:30
Introductions:
 Finalize Agenda, agree minute/note takers, meeting ground rules
 Agree overall objectives and goals
   - review project charter
   - overall vision
   - relationship to other projects - dependencies, etc
   - target market / users

10:30-12:00
 High-level functionality / Outside in design
   User perspective, tools, admin, management

12:00 - 13:00
Lunch

13:00 - 14:45
Agree Functionality
   e.g    Transformation, routing, logging, queuing, pub/sub, adapters,
rules, etc
and non-functional aspects
   e.g.   Management, administration (hot/cold deployment,
configuration), trace/debug, perf monitoring Scalability, clustering
distribution

14:45 - 15:00
Break

15:00 - 17:30
Policy -  technology, approaches, use of standards

17:30 Wrap up, write up, next steps
17:45 Drinks and then regroup for dinner

Sat 24th September
09:00 - 09:30 Review of Friday

09:30 - 12:00
High-level design, modules, container approach, dependencies

12:00 - 13:00
Lunch break

13:00 - 16:00
Component design, APIs and interfaces, routing and wiring model, etc

16:00 - 16:45 Project aspects and AOB
   Wiki, Docs, Mailing Lists, etc

16:45 Close