synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mediators are axis2 services?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:20:32 GMT
Hi Ant;

Mediators can be services, but it can be something else to, that is the most important thing
is the MessageReceiver who will go and talk to some kind of implementation class, as far as
Axis2 is concern end point of the inflow is MessageReceiver. Therefore he can do what ever
he wants. In Axis2 point of view the MessageReceiver can talk to a service class or mediator
its up to MessageReceiver.

But the point how we deploy Mediators dynamically , because Axis2 deployment can not be used
to do that it can only be used to deploy axis2 service , therefore we have to find a way to
deploy mediators and configure them depending on Synapse requirements.

Thanks,
 Deepal

~Future is Open~

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ant elder
  To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 2:59 AM
  Subject: Mediators are axis2 services?

  One thing that came up on the IRC is that mediators are services. I didn' realize at the
time, but looking at the prototype code that was meant literally wasn't it? A mediator is
an AXIS2 service, with ServiceDescription, ServiceContext etc. And further, mediators are
in one ServiceGroup?

  Is this really the intention, and having a single Synapse service as refered to by step
3 in both option 1 and 2 on the wiki has changed?

     ...ant