synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mediators require unique MessageContexts?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:28:33 GMT
Hi all;

To me invoking multiple mediators for one request is like invoking multiple services in a
serviceGroup (in axis2) , therefore if mediators want to share some properties or whatever
, they can use ServiceGroupContext to do so not the MC.

In Axis2 MC is for one invocation , if some handlers in a flow want to share some data they
can use MC to do store them, on the other hand is Axis2 dispatching depends on Descriptions
and Contexts are in MC (ServiceDescription , OperationDescription , OperationContext , ServiceContext)
, there for it would be better if we can use fresh MC for each Mediator invocation.

Thanks,
 Deepal

~Future is Open~

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ant elder
  To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 3:19 AM
  Subject: Mediators require unique MessageContexts?

  A question I asked on the IRC was does each mediator invocation really need a its own MessageContext
instance.

  I still don't understand why the MC can't be reused amongst mediator invocations? What am
I missing here, whats in each MC that wont be copied or mustn't be shared? Wouldn't it be
quite a bit more efficient to have each mediator work against the one MC?

  Maybe this answer depends on the answer to 'are mediators services' question.

     ...ant