synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: A few basic doubts..
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:02:20 GMT
On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 12:25 -0700, Mukund Balasubramanian wrote:
> Interestingly, I agree about the services being logically remote but stil believe that
> you can, without losing architectural cleanliness and functionality, plug synapse into
> axis 2. Why would we preclude that?
>
> it us commonly termed the "agent" or "co-deploy" model of a broker/mediator.

+1.

I'm not precluding that .. that's why I said "logically" remote. We can
of course allow arbitrary services to be dropped into Synapse but that
will confuse the mission of Synapse. Do you agree?

What I feel is its better to keep Synapse focused on the mediation
function and keep pure services logically remote .. that means they get
dropped in a different location (on the file system) and get deployed
into a separate AxisConfiguration object and you look at them with a
different URL (http://example.com/axis2/blah instead of
http://example.com/synapse/blah). So when you look at it from the
outside the mediation agent is separate from the service runtime but
they could all be in the same JVM.

Sanjiva.