synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Abeyruwan <sami...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: A few basic doubts..
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:24:43 GMT
Vikas wrote:

> 1) I have a remote services[probably axis2, but maybe any]
> providerEndPoint1
>    where in synapse framework is the idea that providerEndPoint1 "is
> mediated" is put??

Say you hava a rule like, Condition: http://abc.org/mediate Mediator :
logging QOS: Sec and RM.

So, {first}  RuleEngine knows for the incomming meesage,  it needs
logging Mediator and with Sec and RM. Once the QOS is finished, it will
be loged by the Mediator {Mediator  deals with what ever the logic it
has} . Once it returns with status, and if "false" the "codition" well
be routed to its destation {desired service}. Or, mediator can change
the "condition" and direct to a whole different destination. Thus,
mediator's code is the soul decider of it. If  "true" next rule, if
there is any for that message.

> 2) The general scenario is that the client gets a WSDL, generates
> stubs, hits the service..In this
>    case, the service maybe the DummySynapseService as mentioned in the
> wiki.. But it talks abt
>    one dummy synapse service..so wht happens if i want
> providerEndPoint2 to be mediated too..
>    How are the requests to point1/point2 differentiated, as all of
> them would land on the single
>    DummySynapseService.

As i understand, we have a thingy called ServiceGroup in Axis2.
Mediators are Simply Services, right. Now in ServiceGroup, we can keep
"N" number of Services. What we need to know is the ServiceGroupContext
ID, which is the one that point to that ServiceGroup during looping.
"ProviderEndPoint2" may/may not have the same Mediator.
"ProviderEndPoint2" will be anothe message comming in the Syanpse
framework, which will dealt with its xpath or any other general condition.

> 3) Can the rules have
>                                        #Rule 1
>                                        <condition>some
> condition</condition>
>                                        <mediation> uri </mediation>
>                                        #Rule 2
>                                        <condition>some
> condition</condition>
>                                        <service> uri </service>

this can be somthing like this
          <rules>
                <rule>
                      <codition> {xpath of the message / or any other
condtion}</condition>
                      <mediator> {mediator which do some action like
forward to http://cnn.com} </mediator>
                      <qos> {sec / rm / transaction} </qos> <!-- has to
come up with a plan for longer run -->
                </ruel>
                <rule>
                      <condition> {xpath or any othe condtion} </condition>
                      <mediator> {a mediator which might be doing some
other dirty work} </rule>
                      <qos> {sec / rm / transaction } </qos>
                <rule>
          </rules>

Once the "mediator is selected" it knows what to do with it.

>    Thus letting the engine know that this is a special rule and it can
> go on and call the actual
>    service

Why keep  troubling on this. If we want it to call the actual service ,
just don't put a rule. The scope of Synapse is to mediate. Or,  right
the correct "mediator" which call the actual service, then again.

Would like to here from Synapse devs regarding prior.

Saminda