synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Koilpillai" <raj...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: Updates to Wiki
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:43:08 GMT
More comments in lined.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Vikas Roonwal
	Sent: Mon 10/10/2005 4:23 PM
	To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org; Paul Fremantle
	Subject: Re: Updates to Wiki

	Hi!
	The mediators are supposed to be services in axis2 sense.
	We plan to go for ws-policy, which would contain the necessary parameters for providing mediation
functionality!
	Mediators would be generic i.e. they could be working for (mediating) various providerServices,
with each one(usually) having a different policy/parameter set!

	[RK] Possible use case could be an authentication mediation component where each mediation
instance could point to a different ldap server instance for authentication credentials.

	How exactly is the re-loading/reconfiguring going to take place?

	[RK] Assuming there is a translation of the policy metadata from the ws-policy format into
appropriate parameters in service.xml. How would any change in configuration be re-loaded
into service specific metadata when the mediation system is still UP and running. (Note: This
is assuming all service related metadata will be loaded during startup OR during the first
web hit to the service as part of service initialization)

	Were axis2 services designed with such generic-usage in mind?