synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Mukund Balasubramanian" <muk...@infravio.com>
Subject Re: Mediator interface
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 08:44:05 GMT
In our experience, the message context is an important facet of the mediation since the primitives
almost demand the presence of reasonable context.

Just as an example, think about context sensitive routing as a mediation. How much sense does
it make if you force routng based on content (soap envelope) only.

Keeping it optional by making it a container insertion makes the interface too flexible for
my liking for what in my opinion is an important facet.

-----Original Message-----
From: ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com>
To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org <synapse-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Fri Oct 07 17:04:17 2005
Subject: Re: Mediator interface

Or does there even need to be a MessageContext on the interface?

If an aim of Mediators is that they're based on SOAP Infoset and any containment aspects should
be separate then how about the mediate method taking just a SOAP message, something like an
AXIOM SOAPMessage or SOAPEnvelope? If the Mediator really needs access to some context then
Synapse can use dependency injection to pass it in.

interface Mediator {
   public boolean mediate(SOAPEnvelope envelope);
}

And if a Mediator impl requires context it provides a method like:

  public void setMessageContext(org.apache.synapse.context.MessageContext mc) {...}

ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> on 07/10/2005 10:42:16

Please respond to synapse-dev@ws.apache.org