synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@sonicsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Mediators require unique MessageContexts?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 02:14:40 GMT

Two comments:

a) If indeed an MC can be "re-set" to pass through the engine again
without screwing anything up, that might be something good to look into.
However...

b) MC's are inherently supposed to be as cheap as possible to set up and
tear down.  So let's first do basic optimization of MC
creation/destruction, and *then* think about pooling and reuse after we
see how things perform.  Clearly we don't want to be doing actual copies
of the message in any case - that we definitely need to be careful
about.

--G