synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Framwork for Synapse (wrt option2)
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:14:44 GMT
I've answered questions below, but the algorithm is up here in pseudocode:

rules[];
bool loop = true;
int i= 0;
while (loop)
{
if (rule[i].matches(message)) {
boolean cntnue = rule.getMediation().mediate(message);
if (!cntnue) break;

if (i<rules.length)

On 10/12/05, Vikas <vikas@infravio.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding the point " So mediator will decide, if more processing needed
> done or processing is finished. If finished it can send "false" as return
> parameter to the dispatcher, or "true" if more processing needed to be
> done.
> Thus, dispatcher will look in the rule table whether more rules are
> registered to a particular URI, if not send it to its original
> destination."

???What exactly does "more processing" means here..

<pzf>More processing means matching against further rules</pzf>

???Would it be wise to give generic mediation components the ability to make
> decisions...

<pzf>Yes. They decide whether the message is "consumed" by that mediation or
not. </pzf>

???Aren't true/false return values to reflect the sucess status of the
> mediation component.

<pzf>No. The mediation throws a fault if it fails for some reason.</pzf>

We would need a separate component in the "Syanpse dispatcher, which will be
> he rule-engine" to handle the call to the destination once the rules are
> finished...
> Once a request lands on Synapse -
> The rule engine would need to figure out which rules are to be fired...
> ???What happens in case multiple rules evaluate to true[whats the r

esolving
> tactic, do we just leave it as a rule-engine fault]??

<pzf>If multiple rule expressions match then each rule is executed in the
order of the rules. While each mediation returns true, then further rules
are executed until no rule matches, at which point the Dispatcher forwards
the message to its To address. If a mediation returns false then the engine
does nothing more with that message - tho of course the mediation may have
done something with it.</pzf>

So Synapse would have a loop over mediation[the horizontal flow to the