synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: DeprecationMediator
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:02:57 GMT
On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 21:01 -0800, Mukund Balasubramanian wrote:
> Sanjiva:
>
> While hot deployment might work, it is important to realize that the
> modification at runtime might not require a full reload of the
> configuration.

+1.

I think we're talking about different things .. I was trying to say
don't use config files all over the place ..

> I believe I had given the example of modifying log levels, there might
> be other examples like CRL pointers for security, additional hosts for
> load balancing all of which could happen any time and should not require
> a restart.
>
> I continue to opt for a simple configuration model (NV, V could be
> simple - including url or file) which can be defaulted using synapse
> config but also allows runtime modification.

+1.

> I would be happy to prototype this if it continues to be unclear.

Code's always welcome :).

Axis2 is currently refactoring the config stuff to make sure its
pluggable to enable different config stores (with the file option being
just an option). I suggest we try to build on that for Synapse.

Sanjiva.