synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Jaliya Ekanayake <jaliya.ekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:Synapse and WSRM
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:17:31 GMT
Hi Paul,

Please explain why would synapse worry about in-order delivery. If the
service is behind a RMEndpoint manager then it will handle the INORDER
delivery.
It does not matter whether we lose the order in the mediation level.

Thanks,

Jaliya

Folks At the hackathon we started talking about RM. The problem with
RM is where the messages have to be delivered inorder. In that case,
it is quite possible for the current message to be held up. We do not
have support in Synapse for the current processor to be paused and
restarted. Its possible we have to add it in the future. But there is
a simpler option we can try first: The message comes in. We process it
and it hits the RM processor. The RM processor always finishes this
"round" of processing (i.e. it returns false). At some point possibly
now or in the future, the RM processor will re-inject the message. The
processor will inject the messages inorder (assuming it is configured
that way). The RM processor can also set some context flag to identify
that the message has been processed by the reliability. The message
now starts its second round of processing. It is up to the configurer
to make the second round do something different and process the
message correctly. This can be done using a rule that checks for the
RM context flag we set earlier. So in other words, we are splitting
the flow into two flows. The first flow is up until the RM processor
and the second flow starts when the message is delivered inorder. I
think we can probably hide some of this in future iterations, but I
believe this is a good starting point. Paul -- Paul Fremantle
http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantlepaul@wso2.com
<https://webmail6.pair.com/src/compose.php?send_to=paul%40wso2.com>