synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Fox <...@grids.ucs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Synapse and WSRM
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:18:40 GMT
I am not certain it is fair to require systems using WSRM to use JMS
Our implementation of WSRM uses JMS like capabilities to get
required functionality i.e. using JMS and WSRM is somewhat overkill
Again whereas .NET and Apache should be able to exchange
messages using WSRM, that is is not so clear if you are required to use JMS
on Java side

We face some problems like this in implementing workflow for sensor nets and
use publish-subscribe to queue messages between stages and cope with
semantics like WSRM. I think its hard to get all this to work without
queuing and asynchronous messaging.