synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject DeprecationMediator
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:50:14 GMT
Guys

I'm looking at the deprecation mediator. Great idea!

At the moment it drops any deprecated messages. I think there are two more
useful approaches...

1. It sets a property, but lets the message flow on. Then a rule checks for
the property and can, for example use <fault> to fault.
2. We could rewrite it as a plugin processor. In this model, it could have
the "deprecation config" as a child element or attribute, and then there
could be nested children are executed if the service is deprecated:

e.g.
<dep:deprecate>
  <deprecationConfig>
      ... config goes here