synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Synapse and WSRM
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:44:51 GMT
Folks

At the hackathon we started talking about RM. The problem with RM is where
the messages have to be delivered inorder. In that case, it is quite
possible for the current message to be held up.

We do not have support in Synapse for the current processor to be paused and
restarted. Its possible we have to add it in the future. But there is a
simpler option we can try first:

The message comes in. We process it and it hits the RM processor. The RM
processor always finishes this "round" of processing (i.e. it returns
false). At some point possibly now or in the future, the RM processor will
re-inject the message. The processor will inject the messages inorder
(assuming it is configured that way). The RM processor can also set some
context flag to identify that the message has been processed by the
reliability.

The message now starts its second round of processing.

It is up to the configurer to make the second round do something different
and process the message correctly. This can be done using a rule that checks
for the RM context flag we set earlier.

So in other words, we are splitting the flow into two flows. The first flow
is up until the RM processor and the second flow starts when the message is
delivered inorder.

I think we can probably hide some of this in future iterations, but I
believe this is a good starting point.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle