synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Abeyruwan <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Synapse-M1 packaging issue
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:27:04 GMT
Hi all,

The current flow of the synapse is { Axis2-->Synapse Environment --->
Axis2}. So following are the requirements we need to run Synapse.
1. putting Synapse-M1-SNAPSHOT.jar to axis2's "lib"
2. putting synapse.mar to axis2's "modules"
3. putting synapse.aar to axis2's "services"
4. {optional} putting emptymediator.aar to axis2's "services" and other aar
s.
5. Synapse related "axis2.xml"
6. Rule configurator "synapse.xml"

To bundle the above, we have following options,

1. If we can think of a lightweight version, which will work with
SimpleHTTPServer. This can be given in a synapse binary distribution.

2. synapse.war, which will contain the jsp's and include the latest axis2
release. If we include latest release of axis2 inside synapse.war, that will
lead to a massive file size of over 15 MB.

I would prefer option 1 for M1 release. We need to carefully think about
option 2, if we are gonna give it on M1.

Alternatives are always possible and exists :). So please be kind enough to
comment on this aspect of binary distribution packaging.

Thanks you

Saminda