synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Abeyruwan <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Early draft synapse guide
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 06:37:38 GMT

> Hi folks
>
> I've been writing a first draft of a synapse guide. Its still very green
> but feedback is welcome.
>
> Some help also required.
>
> 1) What format should this be in? I've just done it in a word processor
> because that was easy, but obviously some web format will be better. Advice
> on how to author and get onto the site is welcome from the Apache WS team.
>
> 2) At this stage it seems to be a good idea to have user guide and
> architecture together because early users want both. Do you agree?

IMHO I would like if we can we make it seperate. My guess is that userguide
gives user the information on how to install Synapse, how to run samples,
etc. etc.

Architecture guide gives user the insight of the mechanics of Synapse. It
took a lot of prototypes, mails and IRC to come to a position, where we are
now. So i humbly beleive, it's worth while giving Architecuter guide and
userguide, seperately :)

3) Needs some pictures I know :-)

> 4) The samples and packaging need more work. Xmethods seems to be down so
> my samples aren't working. When its up I will improve it.

Are we going to "modules" like we  can see in Axis2. :)

5) Any other comments are welcome!

Paul