synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Mukund Balasubramanian" <muk...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: pruning projects @ ws
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 05:07:48 GMT
The idea of Muse/Pubscribe/WSRF as one implementation that a project
like Synapse CAN use has come up before in the Synapse F2F. I believe
Manageability is key to both Axis and Synapse and should drive the
requirements for a WSDM implementation. The X-broker donation to synapse
also included some back end for a bridge to WSDM so Infravio does have a
considerable amount of expertise in the area.

Can we do something to align Muse closer with Axis/Synapse. Maybe I
don't know enough of the history, but has that been attempted before?

Thanks,

Mukund Balasubramanian

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 10:02 PM
To: general@ws.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: pruning projects @ ws

Folks,

OOPS! forwarding again with correct bcc's.

These are my thoughts...what do you all think? We are spreading our
efforts too thin and we need to seriously think about down-sizing a
bit and focusing our efforts. Feel free to start a separate thread for
a specific project(s) that you are interested in keeping alive.

Addressing: Not much traffic/activity. Can we collapse this into Axis
1.X since it is specific to that version
EWS       : Not much traffic/activity. Archive it?
Mirae     : Not much traffic/activity. Archive it?
Muse      : Not much recent activity. Can we do one single project
with Muse/Pubscribe/WSRF
Pubscribe : Not much recent activity. Can we do one single project
with Muse/Pubscribe/WSRF
WSRF      : Not much recent activity. Can we do one single project
with Muse/Pubscribe/WSRF
Scout     : Donate to Geronimo?
SOAP      : Time to pull the plug? Archive it?
TSIK      : Not much traffic/activity. Think about stopping incubation?
WSIF      : Last legs? Time to pull the plug?

Of course, if any project (not just the ones listed above) wants to
become a separate TLP, that's another option as well.

Thanks,
dims