synapse-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassMediator vs. mediators as Axis2 services
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:35:17 GMT
This has turned into two discussions, i'll split the addressing question off
into a separate thread.

So I think Paul is right, and the question I didn't ask very well is why
does Synapse need both ClassMedaitor and Axis2 ServiceMediator. How should a
user decide which to use?

As Paul points out below, now that the way Synapse does QOS has changed it
really doesn't need the Axis2 ServiceMediator anymore, everything can be a
ClassMedaitor. Specific mediators that require Axis2 function such RM,
security etc, could still create and use and Axis engine, but thats an
implementation detail.

And then perhaps rename ClassMediator (as Paul mentioned in the IRC but ran
out of time to talk about. sorry I missed the chat bty)

   ...ant

We started out making every mediator a pass through Axis2 for a specific