synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassMediator vs. mediators as Axis2 services
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:37:27 GMT
Ant

I don't agree that synapse should always do addressing. Firstly, if we have
addressing engaged and we make multiple passes through Axis then it
overwrites the To/From/etc properties in the SynapseMessage every time.
Secondly, I don't agree that we always want to parse those headers. In fact
we decided at the very first F2F not to.

We started out making every mediator a pass through Axis2 for a specific
benefit - QoS. However, we now have an alternative model to get those QoSs
(the emptymessagereceiver) and I don't see the benefit. I think there is a
clearer model between Axis2 and Synapse if we only call back into Axis2 when
we need a specific Axis2 service.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle