synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hendrik Jander <Hendrik.Jan...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: _distributed_ service mediation framework
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:31:20 GMT
Hi,

tied up on this conversation a have some new questions.
please find them at the bottom.

> 2. where is the mapping between virtual url and endpoint stored and,even
> > more
> > important, how are this informations kept up to date. So which
> > infrastructure
> > is the synapsis team planning to use for a distributed repository?
>
> <regex/> is one way of mapping between virtual url and endpoints. We are
> developing these mediator as we speak.
>
> Synapse uses Axis2 SOAP Engine  as the underline infrastructure for
> communication among web services and AXIOM as the xml manipulator. So the
> underline protocol is SOAP.
>
> We are building a notification mechanism to update synapse.xml and resources
> for mediators when they are changed. At the moment information is static.
> Resources notification  will be available with the M2 release. So the
> ultimate goal is to use any distributed repository and updated the Mediators
> and resources needed to mediators.

1. i had a look at the source, but could not find something like a notification
mechanism. can u please point me to the right direction?

2.when i read "Resource Notification" i start thinking about WS-N and WS-RF.
is this right or just coincidence in the names? :)

3.you say , the ultimate goal is the use of any distributed repository.
can u please give me a short explanation how and where you want to put this into
synapse.

Thanks in advance,
Hendrik