synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: get(String url) issues for getting external resources
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:35:09 GMT
On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 17:21 +0600, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> +1. Soumadeep, if a committer commits some code someone else doesn't
> like, then its always possible to change the code. Usually that happens
> after discussion however - that is, one doesn't go and revert someone
> else's commit willy nilly (obviously).
>
> A good example- Dims

Oops forgot to finish the sentence!

Dims committed a change to Axis2 once (I forget the details .. it was
the default value for an option) that I felt was the opposite of what it
should be. I of course could've committed the reverse but instead we had
a discussion on the mailing list. IIRC I didn't win the battle but you
see how its spsed to work.

The basic model is trust committers and argue hard if you disagree with
something some other committer does. We know we can all argue
hard ;-) .. if not we will never become good open source programmers!

Sanjiva.