synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: get(String url) issues for getting external resources
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:42:56 GMT
Hi all,

First may I know the reason behind Saminda sending a patch, rather than
directly committing the code to the svn head ? Any specific reason ?

Let me give you a hint on Apache style.
Committers have earned their committership through meritocracy.  So why
does a committer wait for the community to review his code ? The normal
and the obvious way is that committers commit code directly and we
expect the committer to be disciplined in doing so, and which has been
the case in *all* the projects *all* the time in Apache.  He must be
self disciplined to send code with comply with the discussion went on
the community so far.

If the community is not happy with what some one has committed, they can
revert it.

Going with the above rules, Saminda please go ahead and commit the code,
since you have implemented something Synapse community has agreed. Then
community can review it, if required.

-- Chinthaka