synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CryptoFactory: Cannot load properties: crypto.properties
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:32:10 GMT
Hi Xinjun,

On 3/21/06, Xinjun Chen <xjchen001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ruchith,
> Thank you for your reply.
> If I use the security module, is it possible that we use different security
> policies for different client, i.e., the security policy is a contract
> between the service and a specific client or group of clients. What I want
> to do includes two kind of things: first kind is to receive a SOAPEnvelope
> which contains client information in the header part. According to the
> client information, I apply predefined security policy to the SOAPEnvelope
> (this may include add username token, signature, and/or encryption based on
> the client info), and send the SOAPEnvelope to the destination EPR.

I think this is a scenario where you have an intermediary service
which will be the client to the actual service that the original
client wants to invoke.
IMHO this certainly can be supported with the existing axis2 security module.
Basically when the client send the request to the intermediary service
it can   configure the how the request should be configured
dynamically to invoke the secured service. You can use the
InflowConfiguration and OutflowConfiguration objects to configure [1].

> The other scenario I want to add addressing information to the message
> before client send out the SOAPEnvelope. The addressing information may be
> retrieved from database according to the client info.
> Can I still use the security module and addressing module to realize my
> tasks?

Axis2 comes with the addressing module ... you can configure things
like wsa:To and wsa:Action using the axis2 client API.

BTW your scenarios sound a lot like scenarios that can be supported
using Synapse... so Synapse experts what do u guys think? (CC'ed  the
synapse-dev list as well)

Thanks,
Ruchith

Ref: