synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Mukund Balasubramanian" <muk...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: SynapseObject - Reminder...
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:03:35 GMT
The problem is not reduced to consuming the XML but also to producing
it. NV Pairs have immense advantages in that they are easy to generate
(think property sheets). XML and XML Schema and XML-Bean mappings have
their uses and recent tools make them dramatically easy to use... I get
it :-) Its just that they must be used in the right context and this
context, in my opinion continues to hold a need to NV pairs with
extended structures. Coming up with a generic XML Schema Instance editor
- think UI - however is non-trivial because you end up with something
similar to an XForms interpreter.

Mukund Balasubramanian

  _____

From: ant elder [mailto:ant.elder@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:58 PM
To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: SynapseObject - Reminder...

On 3/2/06, Mukund Balasubramanian <mukund@infravio.com> wrote:

<snip>

2) To make it easier for Mediator developers the schema can be converted
into a Java object using ADB and XSD2Java. We can probably do this
automatically using reflection if the bean is not a simple type but
implements the ADB interface.

	Of course they can. It just might not be worth the effort.

Is there really so much effort required to make this work? If Synapse
can handle converting from the XML to a Java object there's little
effort required for mediator developers - just coding a Java bean.  To
implement this support in Synapse wouldn't be so hard, could do it with
ADB and reflection as Paul says or Apache digester makes this sort of
thing really easy - http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/

   ...ant