synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Mukund Balasubramanian" <muk...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: IRC - Log (09-March-2006)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:12:37 GMT
Guys:

Sanjiva and I managed to meet up and chat a little bit about the
"management agent" concept here in the bay area as well. I will post
some brief notes sometime today and let Sanjiva chime in as well.

Mukund Balasubramanian

  _____

From: Vikas Roonwal
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:45 AM
To: Synapse-dev
Subject: IRC - Log (09-March-2006)

#apache-synapse

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

I think we should go with the SO concept...

pvikas

hello everyone..

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

its becoming very difficult to handle mediator config files using a
combo of adb,omelement and xpath..

pvikas

does anybody have any concerns??

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

any thoughts?

-->|

venkat (n=chatzill@220.225.137.194 <mailto:n=chatzill@220.225.137.194> )
has joined #apache-synapse <irc://irc.freenode.net/#apache-synapse>

pvikas

tried them both... OMElement doesn't have many utilities built around it
..

pvikas

adb requires a schema, then classes, to be in place..

pvikas

changing the xml implies regenerating the schema based classes..

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

I think you should checkin the samples demonstrating both approaches
into the scratch area

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

So that folks can comment on it

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

That's a good idea...

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Is there a sample which demonstrates JMX based mediation?

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

I know we have the mediator class - but can it be run out of the box?

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

Yeah

pvikas

u mean the event generation part?

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

yes - with the available set of mediators

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

?

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

But we need the MIX object

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

Management Information eXchange format

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

We still need to agree on the format...

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

awaiting response from the other folks...

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

plus the dependency which we have on AXIS2 to provide some of the base
management information - right

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

Also we need to have a clear understanding of what we are going to do
about the management interfaces

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

MIX will just capture the data, but then it needs to be instrumented

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

I think we could leverage what was proposed earlier by Mukund as for as
the various subsystems are concerned (i.e discovery, events, metrics,
state)

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

Yes,

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

We also need to build in the capability for each mediator to pump in
it's own management information if there is any? so that the information
transmitted can also be generic

pvikas

it seems axis2's next release would be by monday and they are aiming for
a final release soon..

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

is it 0.9.5 ?

pvikas

ya 0.95

pvikas

and the final release i.e. 2.1

karni <irc://irc.freenode.net/karni,isnick>

What is the state here exactly, as proposed by mukund

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

we also need to make sure we have the provision to capture the following
metrics

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Total Hits (Mediation Runtime)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Total Hits (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Successful Hits (per proxy)

pvikas

[karni]i think, state = deployed, started, stopped, etc;

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Failed Hits (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Number of Mediator Policy Enforcement Failures (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Incoming Message Size (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Outgoing Message Size (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Average Response Time (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Last Response Time (per proxy)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Number of active consumers who are accessing the proxy

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Hit Statistics by Consumer (i.e. total / failed / successful)

pvikas

[rajesh] no. of active consumers accessing the proxy?

pvikas

other things are statistics..gained over time

pvikas

this one seems dynamic..

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

If we map this information to a consumer application - i.e the Consumer
Identification Mediator

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

This could be as long as the VM is alive (dynamic information)

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Do we have a running document which atleast captures this information

karni <irc://irc.freenode.net/karni,isnick>

Throughput(per proxy) and if we can provision an faultcode
(basic/routing/security).

pvikas

and how do we interpret active consumers?

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Yup, throughput is needed

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

It ain't active - consumers who are using the system from the time it
went UP

pvikas

oh..

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

some info that we proposed...

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String epr = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String clientIP = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String operation = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String providerEPR = null;

pvikas

so, classfying requests based on proxies and consumers also..

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String soapRequest = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String soapResponse = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private Date timeStamp = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private long totalRoundtripTime = 0;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private long providerExecutionTime = 0;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String transactionID = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private String userAgent = null;

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

private Collection mediatorExecTime = new ArrayList();

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Soum - we should add the additional ones to the list which you have

pvikas

so do we classify data as - Synapse data, service end-point data...

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

JMX 1.2 is bundled with Tomcat 5.x. We should start investigating
dynamic MBean registration and issues related to their lifecycle and the
persistent state maintained by them

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

yeah sure

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

What is Synapse data here?

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

most of the ones which we mentioned above are relevant to the proxy
itself

-->|

Hariharasudhan (n=hari@220.225.137.194 <mailto:n=hari@220.225.137.194> )
has joined #apache-synapse <irc://irc.freenode.net/#apache-synapse>

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Hi Harry :)

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

yeah

Hariharasudhan <irc://irc.freenode.net/hariharasudhan,isnick>

hi sorry iam late

pvikas

Total Hits (Mediation Runtime)... mediationExecTime etc;

pvikas

these are synapse related..

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

ok

pvikas

nothing to do with proxy..

pvikas

or the service-endpoint

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Got to go now

Rajesh_Koilpilla <irc://irc.freenode.net/rajesh_koilpilla,isnick>

Who is going to post this chat log?

|<--

Rajesh_Koilpilla has left irc.freenode.net ("ChatZilla 0.9.61 [Mozilla
rv:1.7.2/20040803]")

Soumadeep <irc://irc.freenode.net/soumadeep,isnick>

bye guys...

|<--

Soumadeep has left irc.freenode.net ("ChatZilla 0.9.61 [Mozilla
rv:1.7.2/20040803]")

|<--

venkat has left irc.freenode.net ("ChatZilla 0.9.61 [Mozilla
rv:1.7.2/20040803]")

|<--

karni has left irc.freenode.net ("ChatZilla 0.9.61 [Mozilla
rv:1.7.2/20040803]")