synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Soumadeep" <soumad...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: get(String url) issues for getting external resources
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:13:59 GMT
+1
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:pzfreo@gmail.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:35 PM
  To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
  Subject: Re: get(String url) issues for getting external resources

  How about this implementation of what you are describing.

  1) Lets indirect this out of SynEnv:

  public interface ResourceHelper {
      OMElement get(String uri);

  On 3/1/06, Soumadeep <soumadeep@infravio.com> wrote:
    Paul is right, instead of passing an object we could have property files
which will have the connection related data. Further, we can generalize the
way the get method is implemented, what I mean is we can have an interface
like ResourceHandler so that others can implement it as required ...
something like LDAPResourceHandler implements ResourceHandler which will
have a get method and depending on what was configured the resource will be
fetched.

    We can put the property values in Synapse.xml, so you might end up
having multiple resource endpoints with property sets required for making a
connection, though we need to think about whether to provide the flexibility
in terms of mediators being able to call different ResourceHandlers for a
session.

    -Soumadeep