synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Saminda Abeyruwan" <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _distributed_ service mediation framework
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:04:52 GMT
Hi Hendrik,

Please see my comments below,

On 3/21/06, Hendrik Jander <Hendrik.Jander@uni-jena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tied up on this conversation a have some new questions.
> please find them at the bottom.
>
> > 2. where is the mapping between virtual url and endpoint stored and,even
> > > more
> > > important, how are this informations kept up to date. So which
> > > infrastructure
> > > is the synapsis team planning to use for a distributed repository?
> >
> > <regex/> is one way of mapping between virtual url and endpoints. We are
> > developing these mediator as we speak.
> >
> > Synapse uses Axis2 SOAP Engine  as the underline infrastructure for
> > communication among web services and AXIOM as the xml manipulator. So
> the
> > underline protocol is SOAP.
> >
> > We are building a notification mechanism to update synapse.xml and
> resources
> > for mediators when they are changed. At the moment information is
> static.
> > Resources notification  will be available with the M2 release. So the
> > ultimate goal is to use any distributed repository and updated the
> Mediators
> > and resources needed to mediators.
>
> 1. i had a look at the source, but could not find something like a
> notification
> mechanism. can u please point me to the right direction?

Current SVN head does not contain the code for the notification mechanism.
Paul has proposed a nice way of doing this, and it's being under
development. You can find more information on following mailing thread,
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-synapse-dev/200603.mbox/%3c88f5d710603010244m4f89ebceie5d6444ea94645b5@mail.gmail.com%3e

Saminda

2.when i read "Resource Notification" i start thinking about WS-N and WS-RF.
> is this right or just coincidence in the names? :)
>
> 3.you say , the ultimate goal is the use of any distributed repository.
> can u please give me a short explanation how and where you want to put
> this into
> synapse.

Thanks in advance,