synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Synapse]RE: CryptoFactory: Cannot load properties:crypto.properties
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 05:34:19 GMT
Hi all,
Ok this has become almost a war (at least it seems so) and we
shouldn't be this agressive against each other. All of us are here
because we care about freedom and let's not take it to the limit that
it comes to punching eachother out!
Having said that lemme answer Mukund's concerns

> It was donated for a very good reason.

Yep, agreed.

> I do NOT want to market the X-Broker on this list

Ok - you did not market X-Broker. The only thing is that the mail
Soumadeep sent *sounded* more like a marketing statement for X-broker
rather than synapse. For instance you guys pointed out the infravio
queries page for further discussions - which is supposed to happen in
the synapse list - not on your list. And if you care to look back at
the mail it implies that the discussion is about existing
functionality in Synapse but further down it turned out to be code
that is *on-the-way*. I'm pretty sure that is what flared up the
discussion about marketing a product.

> I do NOT want to violate any of your rules.

Good

> I WANT synapse to be full featured.

We need to do that too actually :)

> I WANT synapse 1.0 to be released ASAP.

of course we need to do that too. But the thing is that you guys are
talking of commiting code once *you* are done with the code! This is
not the right way. If you are actually not into braking the main
source tree, then use the scratch. I mean we did this a lot in the
initial days of Axis2 and we did throwaway a lot of code as well! If
you do the developement  in your own then no body else would know
about it until you commit it, which is not true opensource.

> Are we on the same page? Can we crank out some code and get this done?

Yes we are. We are in the process of cranking code - perhaps not
directly on Synapse but on the main platform synapse is going to stand
on, Axis2.

--
Ajith Ranabahu