synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: New classes quick comment / suggestion
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 16:01:18 GMT
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:44 -0400, Glen Daniels wrote:
> I don't like the name "SynapseContext" for what really seems to be a
> MessageContext... anyone familiar with the Axis-style model will feel a
> little odd with that name, I think (in other words, SynapseContext feels
> like it should be Synapse-wide).  Can we name that
> SynapseMessageContext, or just org.apache.synapse.MessageContext?

I wish we could stop the attempt at hiding the Axis2 MessageContext with
a wrapper .. but whatever.

+1 to SynapseMessageContext (or better yet your second suggestion!).

There is still a question of what the "message" inside the message
context is. Can we live with a ref to SOAPEnvelope?? That'd be cool
because then the dependency is on straight AXIOM .. not on Axis2 at all.

> Do we expect Synapse to have a concept of MessageExchange / Operation?
> In other words a place to store state and behavior along the lines of
> AxisOperation in Axis2?

That would require Synapse to become stateful across messages.

While I agree 100% that we will get there, can we start with the totally
stateless case first? That is, I'd like to see us make a production
grade 1.0 release with just the full stateless message mediation case
and then add support for MEP awareness and so on. What do u think?

Sanjiva.