synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: New classes quick comment / suggestion
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 07:59:13 GMT
<head>
</head>
Paul / Glen<br>
I'm sorry for any confusion caused.. I agree with the suggestion to
rename SynapseContext as SynapseMessageContext, and will do the needful
As for the SynapseContext/SynapseMessageContext, SynapseEnvironment and
SynapseConfiguration I have currently implemented is as per Sanjiva's
comment to the mailing list (copied) below. Lets discuss and decide if
this is acceptable to move forward, and change if necessary.<br>
asankha<br>
<pre wrap="">- SynapseConfig
	- contains the model of the definitions &amp; rules to execute
	- contains named global properties and their values
	- no xml stuff; that's a way of creating this config

- SynapseContext
	- running context for any message
	- contains message
	- contains ref to SynapseConfig
	- contains ref to SynapseEnvironment
	- contains named local properties and their values; these
	  props are only good for the current message
	- property lookup cascades - if its not found here it looks in
	  the parent config .. that way you don't have to worry whether
	  its a local or a global property

- SynapseEnvironment
	- has methods for doing stuff (like sending a message)
	- is stateless; all those methods take a SynapseContext in
	- is not used except by programmers implementing mediators
	- I guess we could just use a set of static methods to achieve
	  this too!</pre>
Paul Fremantle wrote:
 cite="mid88f5d710605082333r1159d7c9s6d0cd031c93017af@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">Glen <br>
I'm also completely confused by the changes around context and message.<br>
The original model was this:<br>
SynapseMessage = the message and any context associated with the
message plus a pointer to <br>
SynapseEnvironment = the binding into Axis2 and any global (per-engine)
context<br>
The proposal that I thought we agreed to on last weeks chat was:<br>
SynapseMessage = The message + context associated with that message +
pointers to both:
SynapseEnvironment = the binding into Axis2 (i.e. a set of static
methods if Java allowed interfaces with static methods)<br>
SynapseContext = the global per-engine context.<br>
Paul<br>
Daniels</b> &lt;<a href="mailto:gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com">gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com</a>&gt;
wrote:</span>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;"><br>
I don't like the name "SynapseContext" for what really seems to be a<br>
MessageContext... anyone familiar with the Axis-style model will feel a<br>
little odd with that name, I think (in other words, SynapseContext
feels
like it should be Synapse-wide).&nbsp;&nbsp;Can we name that<br>
SynapseMessageContext, or just org.apache.synapse.MessageContext?<br>
Do we expect Synapse to have a concept of MessageExchange / Operation?<br>
In other words a place to store state and behavior along the lines of
AxisOperation in Axis2?<br>
--Glen<br>
    </a><br>
For additional commands, e-mail: <a