synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposed change to <send/>
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 11:15:33 GMT
Sanjiva

We discussed this a while ago. I'm very much in favour of the default
behaviour to be "send". There are some added benefits to this.

1) Unit testing is easier.... push in a message and see what the output
message is without having to set up an endpoint to receive the message.
2) More easily embeddable, for example inside an Axis2 server or client,
because you may not wish to actually "send" the message if the endpoint is
local.

As regards the <send/>, then if we implement the above, it makes much more
sense that <send/> doesn't stop the flow. If you want that then
<send/><drop/> does just as well.

Paul