synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Saminda Abeyruwan" <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementation of the changes discussed last week - work in progress
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 05:17:52 GMT
Hi Devs,

With respect to currently held discussions on refactoring of Synapse core, i
would like to see the following packaging structure in core. The inspiration
came from Axis2 packing, which i humbly think pretty clear and accurate.

We have two context interfaces, SynapseContext (previously know as
SynapseEnvironment ) and SynapseMessage, so lets have a package *
org.apache.synapse.context *for them. So let have its impl also in this
package.

Lets have a SynapseContextFactory to create SynapseContext impls.
SynapseContext and SynapseMessage will be the runtime entities.

Lets have deployment time entity as SynapseConfiguration and let it be in
the *org.apache.synapse.xml* package. So all the builders need to populate
the SynapseConfiguration should come under this package. In addition to this
all the mediator factories should come under this package.

For core mediators lets have *org.apache.synapse.mediators.*[builtim/filters
etc].

One drawback i see in the current svn code is that the mediator chain is
built with the very first message that enters into Synapse. In order to
overcome this, simply lets have Synapse base listener, SynapseServer which
delegates to SimpleHTTPServer, with the the build SynapseContext. So when
the first message or any successive messages the SynapseContext is
available.

Please be kind enough to comment on prior.

Thank you

Saminda