This first patch removes the SynapseMessage.. after this is applied, I will do the renaming of SynapseMessageContext into "MessageContext" as discussed below..
Please wait for the second patch to be applied as well to get the latest code..

asankha

Paul Fremantle wrote:
> SynapseMessageContext, or just org.apache.synapse.MessageContext?

I wish we could stop the attempt at hiding the Axis2 MessageContext with
a wrapper .. but whatever.

+1 to SynapseMessageContext (or better yet your second suggestion!).

+1 to  org.apache.synapse.MessageContext from me.

There is still a question of what the "message" inside the message
context is. Can we live with a ref to SOAPEnvelope?? That'd be cool
because then the dependency is on straight AXIOM .. not on Axis2 at all.

Our message inside the MessageContext is a SOAPEnvelope:

The code today is     public SOAPEnvelope getEnvelope();

That's exactly the design - the Synapse dependency is AXIOM, and there is an instantiation of the Synapse model on top of Axis2.

> Do we expect Synapse to have a concept of MessageExchange / Operation?
> In other words a place to store state and behavior along the lines of
> AxisOperation in Axis2?

That would require Synapse to become stateful across messages.

While I agree 100% that we will get there, can we start with the totally
stateless case first? That is, I'd like to see us make a production
grade 1.0 release with just the full stateless message mediation case
and then add support for MEP awareness and so on. What do u think?

+1