Saminda

Is this post still valid after yesterday's web chat?

Paul

On 5/4/06, Saminda Abeyruwan <samindaa@gmail.com > wrote:

Hi Devs,

With respect to currently held discussions on refactoring of Synapse core, i would like to see the following packaging structure in core. The inspiration came from Axis2 packing, which i humbly think pretty clear and accurate.

We have two context interfaces, SynapseContext (previously know as SynapseEnvironment ) and SynapseMessage, so lets have a package org.apache.synapse.context for them. So let have its impl also in this package.

Lets have a SynapseContextFactory to create SynapseContext impls. SynapseContext and SynapseMessage will be the runtime entities.

Lets have deployment time entity as SynapseConfiguration and let it be in the org.apache.synapse.xml package. So all the builders need to populate the SynapseConfiguration should come under this package. In addition to this all the mediator factories should come under this package.

For core mediators lets have org.apache.synapse.mediators.[builtim/filters etc].

One drawback i see in the current svn code is that the mediator chain is built with the very first message that enters into Synapse. In order to overcome this, simply lets have Synapse base listener, SynapseServer which delegates to SimpleHTTPServer, with the the build SynapseContext. So when the first message or any successive messages the SynapseContext is available.

Please be kind enough to comment on prior.

Thank you

Saminda