synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: A few changes proposed for the Synapse Configuration Language
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:20:41 GMT
So you come from the XML Schema validation is a good thing camp I
see ;-).

So I'm generally, always, -1 on changing the language syntax to make the
syntax schema validatable. Personally I don't give a damn about that ..
let the language do what is best and if XSD can validate, great. If not
too bad. In any case, XSD validation is not a really sufficient
condition - its just a necessary condition and we can easily write a
schema that is more relaxed than the original to make it pass.

This particular change is ugly IMO .. the use of "@source" is to
(optionally) identify the source data and xpath vs. regex was the
pattern that must match.

I think we need to maintain the principle that we design the language
syntax to be as natural as we can get an ugly XML syntax .. and not
worry about XSD validation, except if there's a minor tweak that can be
done to make something work.

Sanjiva.