synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] catch all SOAP requests for SOAP-CORBA-bridge
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:33:13 GMT
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 14:33 +0100, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Christian
>
> The mediator gets the MessageContext object. In that object you have
> access to the raw message, and any context (such as the To: address,
> Action, etc).
>
> Basically if you can convert from the XML to the CORBA call then you
> can write a mediator in Synapse. The easiest thing to start with would
> be to define a standard XML syntax that represents the CORBA call, and
> then use the Axis tool XSD2Java to map into Java objects, and then
> call the CORBA service. Once you have that its very easy to integrate
> into Synapse.

Hasalaka (a grad student at univ of moratuwa) is working with me to fold
in WSIF functionality into Axis2 .. he posted a note about it some days
ago. Once we get that to work, the CORBA stuff will be a snap; IIRC
there was a dynamic invoker for IIOP in WSIF: if so we'll be able to
invoke any CORBA object directly from Axis2.

Wishful think? I hope not .. at least not if Hasalaka wants to
graduate ;-).

Sanjiva.