synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few changes proposed for the Synapse Configuration Language
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:01:58 GMT
Folks

A few comments.

Firstly, I think we should validate the syntax within Synapse and not
using XSD validation. XSD is ok, but it seems like its making the
design more complex, and that doesn't seem worth it.

Secondly, I'm looking through the latest config XML right now and have
some comments.

1. <proxy>

a) We need to be able to specify more than one transport - e.g.
transports="jms,http".

By the way - are these names connected to Axis2 pluggable transports
or are they a specific synapse keyword?

b) Policy.... as I understand it this is just a pointer to the doc
that the end user will see if they browse ?policy. It would be nice if
this was policy that was actively set on the endpoint and used to
configure the modules.

c) the fact that the properties are really configuring an Axis2
endpoint is a little confusing. If we look at it from a general WS-*
viewpoint an exposed endpoint has no  "properties". I'd like to remove
or rename this. I couldn't think of a usecase.

2. <endpoint>
I'm assuming that the policy tags here will be applied "actively". It
would be nice to be able to import a policy: e.g.

<endpoint address="http://fremantle.org/service1">
   <policy src="http://fremantle.org/service1?policy">
</endpoint>

I would really like some consistency between the use of policy on the
<proxy> and <endpoint>.

3. I understand that xslt and xquery are both examples of a
"transform", but I prefer the syntax:

<xslt source="" stylesheet=" "/>

4. I like the filter. There is something missing tho, which is that we
used to have two options: one was to find part of the message and
apply a regex, the other was to evaluate an xpath expression that
resolved to true/false. I'm not sure we can still do the latter. Seems
to me we need two clearly formulated options - XPath Source points to
string - then regex. XPath expression evaluates to true/false.

Paul