synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Tijs Rademakers" <t.rademak...@chello.nl>
Subject RE: Improving our docs, and first user experience
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:01:06 GMT
I was thinking about the following TOC for the Synapse user guide:

Introduction
            What is Synapse?
            Explain different deployment models
            Installation
            Starting Synapse
Build a simple mediation
            The basics of the Synapse Configuration Language
            How to write a mediation flow?
            Deploying the mediation flow
Examples
Build a validation mediation flow
Build a transformation mediation flow
Routing the message to the right endpoint
Advanced mediation scenarios
            WS-Security example
            WS-Reliable Messaging example
Extending Synapse
            Using the Class mediator
            Developing your own mediator
            Developing a Spring mediator

The examples should be based on a simple business scenario to my
opinion, like for example buying a book.
Then we can make examples with search for a particular book, requesting
details of a book based on an ISBN, and buying the book.
Let me know if you think this is going to the right direction.

Tijs