synapse-dev mailing list archives

From <t.rademak...@chello.nl>
Subject Re: Re: Improving our docs, and first user experience
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:43:07 GMT
Hi Asankha,

Oke, sorry for the confusion. I have only worked with the samples of the milestone 2 release,
not with the subversion repository.

Tijs

> van: "Asankha C. Perera" <asankha@wso2.com>
> datum: 2006/10/03 Tue PM 09:31:00 MEST
> aan: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
> onderwerp: Re: Improving our docs, and first user experience
>
> Hi Tijs
>
> Yes, we already have the simple stock quote service sample bundled with
> Synapse. One will need to download Axis2 and set up a repository we
> provide for the samples with it. (We moved all our examples from the
> external stockquote service to a local service as the service we
> depended on was suddenly brought down few months back)
>
> asankha
>
> t.rademakers@chello.nl wrote:
> > Hi Asankha,
> >
> > Oke great, that is a good idea to start a wiki page. In general I think the simple
stock quote service could be a good starting point. However, I find it very common to work
for organizations that put restrictions on Internet access and have all kinds of proxy settings.
So to my opinion we should deliver a Axis2 web service as part of the samples, so that no
connection to the Internet is necessary. The same is done for the Axis2 client samples I think.
> > Of course we can also make a simple stock quote service that is delivered with the
Synapse samples.