synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: A basic non-blocking http/s implementation for Axis2/Synapse
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:21:25 GMT
<head>
</head>
Hi Oleg<br>
Sure, I will take a look at the NIO extensions again.. I think I looked
at the wrong place (HttpAsync) earlier :-(<br>
regards<br>
asankha<br>
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 18:21 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Ant

Yes I checked both AsyncWeb and thier code in the scratch and
HttpAsync as well which is from HttpCore
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mail-archive.com/httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04400.html">http://www.mail-archive.com/httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04400.html</a>

There are both good and bad things about us implementing our own
transport...

asankha

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Asankha,

HttpComponents is still very much an evolving project, so the scope of
its modules has not been always clearly demarcated, hence the
confusion.

HttpAsync is intended to be a set of API that sits on top of HttpCore
and uses _blocking_ I/O to implement asynchronous HTTP services, which
makes it highly specialized, and as such usually it gets lower priority
compared to HttpCore and HttpClient.

If you want a non-blocking client / server HTTP implementation based on
NIO, HttpCore should basically suffice. There is already NIO based
transport layer in HttpCore NIO extensions and I am presently working on
the event-driven protocol layer to put on top of it. All this code will
make it into the next public release of HttpCore.

Axis2 1.1 is already dependent on HttpCore. It is also dependent on
HttpClient, next version of which will be based on HttpCore as well.

So, I do not know what your special requirements are, but you might
actually want to consider collaborating with us (Jakarta HttpComponents)
in your development effort on non-blocking HTTP transport and / or
consider re-using some of HttpCore protocol primitives, since they are
already being used by other parts of Axis2. This way Axis2 could
indirectly benefit from your contribution.

Anyways, take it for what it is worth.

Cheers,

Oleg

  </pre>