synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Improvement in the way we store properties in synapse configuration
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:06:53 GMT
Hi,

Since we have added the ability to keep string literals as inline
properties, that is:

     <set-property name="name">String literal as the property</set-property>

we will have to think about the following scenario. If the user specifies
the inline property as a string literal with characters such as "<", ">",
then we will not be able to pass this piece of xml since they are not valid
XML: for example,

    <set-property name="name">String literal with greater than sign ">" or
any other that kind of char</set-property>

We have two options to solve this issue
1. use the *escape* character to escape that character getting as xml tag
2. Use *CDATA* tag to specify string literal inline properties

I prefer the second option over the other hence it is comprehensive. In both
these cases we need to change the XMLConfigurationSerializer and Builder
classes (Not realy those 2 classes, but PropertySerializer and the Factory)

Comments!!!!

Thanks,
Ruwan.