synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Irving <irvi...@logica.com>
Subject Re: A basic non-blocking http/s implementation for Axis2/Synapse
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:46:16 GMT

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Well, would you want to run a web service in production that can die on
> you with 'out of memory' exception under load? I would not. This is way
> worse that refusing connections under load due to the worker thread
> depletion because it leaves the client without a reliable recovery
> strategy. In my humble opinion AsyncWeb has severe architectural issues
> due to its memory management.

Lets not get too carried away here.....
AsyncWeb started life in an environment where all requests / responses were
of bounded size - and a complete in memory buffering was totally acceptable.
That does not in anyway mean that the asyncweb architecture does not allow
us to easily start to support full request and response streaming - without
any need to keep the request in memory.
In fact, it is something which will be arriving in to the AsyncWeb world
very soon.
Perhaps you should take a look at ASYNCWEB-21:
http://jira.safehaus.org/browse/ASYNCWEB-21

Cheers,

Dave