synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Release plan for 0.90
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:28:40 GMT
Guys

I'm just setting up a release plan for 0.90.

We have two choices -

1) release soonish with the asyncweb transport (async server only)
2) wait until Asankha has completed the NIO Axis2 transport (async
server and client)

My preference is to try and stabilize what we have today into a
release and then push out another with the NIO Axis2 transport
afterwards.

My reason is that I think the Axis2 NIO will need lots of testing -
and will probably end up taking longer to complete than we think -
getting full HTTP1.1 support for example. So if the AsyncWeb stuff is
working then we can stabilize all the other good stuff we have put in
and get feedback on it.

For those of you who haven't followed what the async handling is
doing, basically its getting rid of the thread blocks while Synapse is
waiting for a response - even when the HTTP transport is
synchronous/anonymous. The Asyncweb model isn't using an Async sender,
so extra threads are being created and blocking if we are sending to
an async transport.

Thoughts?

Paul

--