synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject enableRM
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:54:27 GMT
I've been thinking about RM/Sandesha and Synapse.

>From an RM viewpoint, I think there are differences when we are the
server <proxy> and when we are the client <endpoint>.

So from a server perspective, I guess the only option is whether to
use a persistent or in-memory store. Maybe in the future we could
think about relaying acks instead of storing messages (in other words
we don't persistently store messages, instead we ack them when the
target server has received them). So I think we can leave the server
for the moment.

But from the client perspective, there are a few options:

1) Do we want to make an offer?

2) Do we want a separate listener - at the moment Sandesha doesn't
support two-way RM with an anon endpoint for RM1.0, because its not
really speced. Of course this is really an endpoint setting
independent of RM.

3) Do we want to use RM1.0 or RM1.1

4) [Advanced] Do we want to set an internal SequenceKey? This could be
used to ensure that for example different clients used different
sequences.

5) [Advanced] Do we want to set a sequence expiry?

So I suggest we enhance our <enableRM> tag to include:

<enableRM spec="1.0|1.1" offer="true|false">

(Both those should be optional. For spec I suggest the default is 1.0.
For offer I suggest the default is false.

We can add extras later - this seems the basic.

In addition I think we need to add a useSeparateListener="true|false"
attribute to <endpoint>.

What have I missed?

Thoughts?

--