synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enableRM
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:53:14 GMT
Jaliya

> > But from the client perspective, there are a few options:
> >
> > 1) Do we want to make an offer?
> Not a must but if the client sends it we need to accept it.

+1. There seems to be a situation with Indigo where you need to send
an offer if there is going to be 2-way RM. So having a way of forcing
Sandesha to send an offer is important.

> > 2) Do we want a separate listener - at the moment Sandesha doesn't
> > support two-way RM with an anon endpoint for RM1.0, because its not
> > really speced. Of course this is really an endpoint setting
> > independent of RM.
> >
> My idea in this aspect is yes. I am still not sure why we need RM if the
> messages are strictly request/response and almost real time.

So in RM1.1 we have the MakeConnection model, which allows an
asynchronous message interaction over HTTP.

> In addition as you have mentioned in the below it is always good to support
> the use of a listener that is available (say the RM Client is running inside
> some container)

Yes

> > 3) Do we want to use RM1.0 or RM1.1
> >
> > 4) [Advanced] Do we want to set an internal SequenceKey? This could be
> > used to ensure that for example different clients used different
> > sequences.
> +1.
>

> > 5) [Advanced] Do we want to set a sequence expiry?
> >
> Could you please explain a bit more?

I'm talking about setting: <wsrm:Expires ...> xs:duration
</wsrm:Expires> in the CS message. Actually this is a setting that
applies to the server as well. Basically I might want to set a short
expiry duration for some sequences.

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle