synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Thinking out loud on the possibility to replace the main mediator with a sequence named 'main'
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:39:29 GMT
Currently a Synapse configuration forces a 'main' mediator specified
with the <rules> tags as follows:

 <synapse>
   registrydef
   <definitions>
     (sequencedef | endpointdef | literalpropertydef)+
   <definitions>?
   <proxies>
     proxyservice+
   </proxies>?
   <rules [key="string"]>
     mediator*
   </rules>
 </synapse>

I am thinking that if we make the main mediator (sometimes referred to
as the Synapse rules) a sequence with a well known name (e.g. main) it
might make things simpler...i.e a Synapse configuration would then
contain an optional registry definition, followed by sequence, endpoint
and property definitions and proxy services.

thoughts?

asankha