synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Changing the mediator namespace
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:00:17 GMT
Hi,

Currently we have a common namespace for every element used within a synapse
configuration.

This is ok when we are processing the configuration with Java (as the
MediatorFactory that loads the mediators knows each available mediator), but
if someone wants to process this configuration as XML (for example using
javascript) then he/she has a set of XML elements with the same namespace
and he/she will not be able to distinguish between mediator elements and the
non-mediator elements such as endpoints etc. unless we maintain a list of
mediators to compare with the known element names. This also is difficult
when we use an XSLT processor to process our configuration.

To overcome this issue I think it is better to change the namespace of
mediators from the general synapse namespace so that one can compare the
namespace of the element and figure out whether it is a mediator element or
not.

Any comments....

Thanks,
Ruwan.