I added functionality to specify port at the start up of the Synapse server and sample Axis2 server.

To start synapse on a different port use:
synapse.sh -port <port number>

If the port is not specified, default port 8080 is used.

To start sample Axis2 server use:
axis2server.sh -port <port number>

If the port is not specified, default port 9000 is used.

I have attached a patch for this implementation. Please review and apply it.

Chathura