synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: Simplifying Properties / use of Registries...
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:13:47 GMT
<head>
</head>
The result of the vote is as follows. 8 commiters voted for 4
questions, and I have attached some notes on the actual implementation
below. Thanks for all those who voted in.<br>
1. main sequence and fault sequence<br>
Option 1: 2 votes (Sanjiva and Ant)<br>
Option 2: 6 votes (others) :: wins (see notes)<br>
2. Overall configuration - decide on the name of the main element, and
noun vs verb usage&nbsp;
Option 1:&nbsp; 8 votes (everyone) :: wins<br>
3. Element / Attribute naming<br>
Option 3: 1 vote (Paul)<br>
Option 1: 7 votes (others) :: wins<br>
4. Element name that defines a local registry entry that would override
a remote registry entry with the same name
entry: 4 votes (asankha, ruwan, indika, chathura) <br>
localEntry: Tijs, Ant, Paul :: wins (see notes)<br>
registryEntry: Ant<br>
insert/insertRegistry : Sanjiva<br>
The possibility to define your main mediator in-line right within the
&lt;definitions&gt; without having to create a sequence named main
would have its advantages, especially if all that a user wants to do is
perform message mediation. Hence if we do support that, it would be
possible to write a configuration such as :
&lt;definitions&gt;&lt;log/&gt;&lt;send/&gt;&lt;/definitions&gt;.
As it
would not be too difficult for us to support this *in addition* to the
main/fault mediators in sequences, I propose that we do support this as
well, if no one is -1<br>
Paul's suggestion to use the word 'local' to imply that its not
persisted does have value, and Tijs and Ant agrees on it. After
checking with Ruwan, Indika and Chathura verbally, I think this should
be what we should go ahead with, if no one is -1.<br>
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
what's the verdict? Its been 4+ days since the vote was started; let's
count the results and get on with it.
Sanjiva.